Illinois State University
Illinois State University
Jump over the College navigation bar.


You may use the caterer of your choosing.


The Ewing kitchen is not approved by the Health Department for food preparation.  Food must be prepared upon arrival and ready to serve.

Using a Caterer

Caterer's must provide a Certificate of Insurance for Liability & Workman’s Compensation Insurance. We must have the certificate of insurance on file at least 30 days prior to your event.

If your caterer has not catered at Ewing Manor before, we ask the caterer to meet with a Ewing staff member at least 30 days prior to your event. All caterers must be approved by the Ewing Cultural Center.

A list of recommended caterers that are pre-approved is available upon request.

Alcoholic Beverages

If alcoholic beverages are being served or consumed by anyone in attendance during the event, you are required to have host liability insurance. The insurance carried by the Illinois State University Foundation is for its protection and does not cover you or your guest. Your insurance carrier may be able to provide you with this coverage. Or, you may apply for it though Van Gundy Agency, Inc., in Normal, IL, which is the Foundation's insurance provider.

Alcoholic beverages must be served in accordance with state and local regulations. Please note Bloomington, IL has specific regulations regarding the sale and serving of alcohol. Contact the city of Bloomington for more information.

All alcohol must be provided by and served by an individual working for an organization/business with a liquor license. For your own protection, there are not exceptions to this rule.  Upon scheduling an event where alcoholic beverages will be served, you will be required to sign a Liquor Liability Statement.

2021-03-23T07:30:54.938-07:00 2021