The following policies are established by the Illinois State University Foundation.
All Ewing properties are smoke-free including the Genevieve Green Gardens, the Theatre at Ewing and the Manor.
Facility Usage Policies
The Ewing Cultural Center can be used for events of the following nature:
- Educational purposes such as training, retreats, or conferences.
- Social purposes such as receptions, dinners, or luncheons.
- Civic & Cultural: Non-profit clubs, organizations, & government groups, and subject to approval.
- Commercial: Groups and organizations that are business entities or represent business ventures.
- Private: Limited to weddings, retirement, anniversary parties and other special events, and subject to approval.
The following regulations are applicable to all renters:
- Rentals: Rental availability is at the discretion of the Ewing Cultural Center.
- Commercial Usage: Ewing Cultural Center may not be rented to commercial groups or individuals for the purpose of selling or advertising products.
- Fundraising: fundraising is limited to non-profit groups only.
- Student groups must have an adult supervisor present during their event.
- According to the terms of the Hazle B. Ewing trust, Ewing Cultural Center is not available for political fundraising events or for the dissemination of information of a political nature.
Please print a copy of the photo policy and photo permit if you plan on taking photos.
The Illinois State University Foundation, a private non-profit organization, owns and operates Ewing Cultural Center and the Genevieve Green Gardens. It reserves the right to control the types of photographs taken on the property and prohibit photographic activities that are inappropriate, disruptive or incompatible with the mission of our Foundation and the Hazle B. Ewing Trust. It also reserves the right to terminate photographic activities at any time if it is not in the best interest of the site and its guests.
- A photo permit is required for professional photography. Posed photography is defined as (but not limited to) any posed image of individuals, groups or/and the setting of events. A permit is required if the photographer is professional.
- Photographers or other subjects may purchase a Photography Permit (wedding not included) for non-exclusive use of the Gardens for one hour of shoot time for $50 per hour (except for wedding parties). Additional hours or portions of an hour are charged at the same rate.
- Visitors are encouraged to take non-posed photographs of the gardens or buildings for personal use.
- At no time is any area of Ewing Cultural Center to be used as a setting or backdrop for commercial photographs for the purpose of selling or advertising products or services.
Photography of Events
- The renter is permitted to have a professional photographer to take photos of the the event and individuals participating in the event at no charge.
Reservations are required for all photo sessions.
All photographs must be taken within regular hours of operation, which are 8:00 a.m. until dusk. Sessions may be scheduled no later than one hour before dusk.
- Any photographs taken must be photographed during the time the facilities are contracted to the renter.
Availability for high school Homecoming and Prom photography are always determined by the center's rental schedule. These photographic activities are not allowed when venue is rented. Please contact the office at 309-438-6333 to check availability.
A Wedding Photography Permit for non-exclusive use of the Gardens may be purchased for $100 per hour or portions of an hour for a group of up to 20 people.
There is limited availability for wedding photography. Wedding ceremonies and receptions supersede wedding photography.